Our Registered Nurses provide telephone triage and health advice to callers across North America. We use computerized Schmitt/Thompson triage guidelines to assist in assessing patients’ symptoms. In addition to triage calls, we receive questions requesting information on medical conditions, medications, diagnostic tests, etc… All calls are documented electronically and all telephone encounters are recorded.
Our clients are primarily physician practices. Clients have their patients’ calls transferred to us when their offices are closed. The majority of hours are evenings, nights and weekends. Our nurses work remotely from home.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Three years recent clinical experience, pediatrics and adult. Most triage calls are pediatric, and come from throughout North America.
* Minimum 1 year recent experience in telephone triage using electronic triage software and computerized medical protocols/guidelines is normally required for home-based nurses.
* Experience using the Barton Schmitt/David Thompson guidelines will be an asset.
* Strong communication skills.
* Strong clinical assessment skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment, and maintain our standards of an average of 5-6 triage calls per hour.
* Basic computer skills within a Windows environment and keyboarding ability.
* Active RN licensure in state of residence. Must be willing to apply for additional licensure at employer’s request (reimbursement provided).
* Bilingual English/Spanish or another language will be considered an asset, but is not necessary.
Expectations of Nurse:
* Flexibility with hours, including being able to work 2-3 weekends a month.
* Separate room with door to keep out regular family noise (also consider dog barking, etc.)
* High speed internet access (no dial-up).
* One uncompensated 4-hour on-call block per week (weekday nights). If called in to work, normal pay will apply.
* Participation (via telephone) in staff meetings.
* Full compliance with company policies and procedures, including HIPAA privacy requirements.
Compensation and Hours:
* Per Call Rate with Hourly Minimums
* Paid Leave
* Benefit Bonus
* Access to our health insurance
Get more info and apply for this job:
2975 Broadmoor Valley Road, Suite 101
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Apply Here: http://fonemed.com/employment[/private_member][/private_trial]